The Data Protection and Digital Information Bill will take away controls we have over our data and hand more power to government bodies and corporations. We'll be vulnerable to our data being used against us and less able to do anything about it.
The Data Grab Bill will:
- Make it easier to refuse subject access requests
- Create powers to snoop on bank accounts of anyone who receives benefits
- Increase automated decision-making
- Expand exemptions for data sharing, use and reuse
- Increase political interference with the ICO
- Remove the need to carry out impact assessments
- Create new powers to approve international data transfers
Write to your MP today and tell them to Stop the Data Grab Bill.
See our campaign pack to help tailor your message.